DAWSON DOWNIE LAMONT
DIRECT ACTING STEAM DRIVEN PUMPS
DDL’s range of Direct Acting Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps suit the most arduous applications within the Oil, Petrochemical and Refining industries. They are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standards.
- Design Features:
- Solids Handling Capability
- Powered by high, medium, or low pressure, or process exhaust steam
- Intrinsically safe, most suitable for use in hazardous areas
- Suitable for pumping liquids of variable viscosity and temperature.
- Variable Output from zero to maximum capacity
- Available in a variety of materials to ensure compatibility with the pumping medium
- Disc Type Valves available for low NPSH requirements.
- Designed in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute.
- Flanges to suit customer requirements.
- Water-cooled stuffing boxes are fitted for elevated pumping temperatures and process liquids with low specific gravity.
- Steam jacketed liquid ends utilized for liquids with high viscosity.
POWER DRIVEN PISTON PUMPS
DDL Horizontal Duplex Crankcase Piston Pumps are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standards for oilfield and refinery service.
- The crankcase is totally enclosed and dust-proof, of robust construction.
- It incorporates and improved design of splash-gravity lubrication providing for continuous running with minimum attention.
- Crankshafts are manufactured from high-grade carbon steel and run on heavy duty tapered roller bearings. Connecting Rods are in carbon steel and fitted with adjustable lead bronze bearings.
- A specially designed splash-gravity lubricating system ensures and adequate supply of lubricating oil to all moving parts so that the pumps can run for long periods in remote areas with minimum attention.
- Liquid ends are available in various material options to ensure compatibility with the pumping medium. The liquid end design incorporates a generous corrosion allowance to ensure an extended life cycle.
- Valve service is of the wing-guided type operating in a taper valve seat with disc type valves for low NPSH requirements.
- Pump flow can easily be altered by employing interchangeable pistons and liners of various diameters from within the range.
- Both design and dependability have been proven by thousands of working hours in arduous service. The pumps are driven through V-rope or other reduction gearing, by IC Engine or electric motor. The combined unit is mounted on a fabricated steel skid underbase for easy transport over rough ground.
- Flow Rates up to 110 m3 /h with pressures up to 140 bar.
DDL Horizontal Triplex Power Pumps are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standards for high efficiency high pressure hydraulic duties, to give trouble-free service with minimum maintenance. Both design and dependability have been proved in thousands of hours of arduous operation throughout the world.
- Forged or cast steel fluid ends to suit the pressure and fluid are available in various material options to ensure compatibility with the pumping medium.
- Totally enclosed crank-case, with improved splash-gravity lubrication provides for continuous running with minimum attention. For severe service a forced feed system is fitted.
- Heavy duty taper roller Main Bearings rated for continuous duty cycle at maximum design load.
- Hardened wearing parts in specially selected metals, with anti-friction bearings and bushes, mean long life.
- Light-weight Disc Valves for low NPSH availability. Special Abrasion
- Resistant Valves incorporating Polyurethane inserts for use on highly abrasive duty applications.
- Suction and Discharge Flange Nozzles to customer’s preferred rating standard. Handling of flanges to suit customers piping layout.
- Pumps can be run at any fixed speed below the maximum depending on displacement required and the power source which can be electric motor or I.C engine through V-Rope, or gear drive.
- Flow Rates up to 45 m3 /hr. Pressures up to 400 bar.
DDL produce a range of light and heavy duty Vertical Duplex motor and steam driven piston pumps for bilge and cargo stripping service. These pumps are carefully designed to give reliable, efficient service with the minimum of attention.
- Robust and compact in construction
- Able to efficiently handle all grades of oils, from petrol to viscous liquids, under difficult suction conditions.
- Air vessels are fitted on the discharge side to eliminate pipeline vibration.
- Pockets which can collect gas have been avoided.
- The valve areas are large and the valve lift has been kept to a minimum to ensure quick reseating.
- Large covers and doors are provided on the valve chest to give easy access to valves for inspection.
- Flow Rates up to 225 m3/hr. Pressures up to 18 bar.
DDL provides a comprehensive back-up service for their pumping systems, from replacement parts to full refurbishment of existing DDL pumps.
Due to the nature of the market and DDL’s flexible, customized approach to customer needs, very few of their pumps are the same when leaving the plant. It is therefore vital the correct details of your pump are provided when ordering parts, to ensure they are fully interchangeable with the existing parts.
Today, Dawson Downie Lamont are one of only a few companies worldwide that specialize in the manufacture of Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps. These pumps are used predominantly in arduous duties within oil refineries and petrochemical plants. DDL pumps are found in oil refineries worldwide, covering a wide range of applications. In Spain, REPSOL, CEPSA, PETRONOR and BP Oil refineries use DDL pumps.
DDL’s specialist range of reciprocating pumps are designed, manufactured and tested in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standards. Designs can be custom built to suit individual customer specification and material requirements.
Dawson Downie Lamont is a company steeped in tradition with a proud history in manufacturing and engineering that dates back to 1905, when it was known as Dawson & Downie.
Beginning life as manufacturers of reciprocating pumps from the shipyards on the River Clyde, the customer base of the company has developed since, and now includes most of the world’s leading oil companies, EPC contractors and process equipment packagers.
Dawson Downie Lamont has always insisted on high quality operations in all areas of its business. This commitment to excellence has seen the development of independent division that share the company’s original values of traditional, high quality craftsmanship combined with reliability and superior customer service.